Located towards the N end of a slight NNW-SSE drumlin ridge. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 27-30m) is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’, and it is represented as a hachured feature on the 1908 edition. It is not visible at ground level in pasture, but a fallen tree in an uncultivated area (dims 22m NE-SW; 10m NW-SE) was probably at the S edge of the monument.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 August 2018Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage