Situated on a slight rise on top of a fairly broad hill. This was described in 1969 as a scrub-covered D-shaped area (dims c. 30m NE-SW; 15.5m NW-SE) defined by a scarp (at SE: H 1.4m) and a slight berm (at SE: Wth 0.5m) that melds into the natural slope. The entrance was a ramp (Wth of base 2m) at ESE, and the monument was truncated by a NE-SW farm lane at NW. Inside the surviving part was a hut-site (diam. 6m) defined by as light bank (Wth of base 1.9m; int. H 0.25m; ext. H 0.55m). The visible monument had been removed by 2000 (OSAP). Archaeological testing (05E0635) by K. Campbell c. 60m to the WSW produced no related material (excavation.ie 2005:1164).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 August 2018
Amended: 29 January 2021Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.