Situated on a slight NNW-SSE ridge in a low-lying landscape surrounded by drumlins. This is depicted as a semi-circular bank NW-E-SE on the 1836 and 1908 editions of the OS 6-inch map. It is a circular grass-covered area (diam. 39m NW-SE) defined by an overgrown earthen bank (at NE: Wth of base 3.2m; int. H 0.5m; ext. H 1.4m) NW-E-SE and a slight berm (at NE: Wth 1.5m) NW-NEE that is deepened into a flat-bottomed fosse (at NE: Wth of top 3.5m; Wth of base 2.8m; int. D 0.8m; ext. D 0.5m) NNE-SE but the perimeter can scarcely be discerned elsewhere. There is no identifiable original entrance.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 August 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.