Located at the NW end of a low NW-SE ridge. This is depicted as a D-shaped wooded enclosure cut by a NE-SW field bank at SE only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map. This is a grass-covered D-shaped area (dims c. 75m NE-SW; 40m NW-SE) that slopes down to the S. It is defined by a grass-covered earthen bank (at W: Wth of base 4m; int. H 0.4m; ext. H c. 0.8m) and an outer grass-covered fosse (at W: Wth of top 3.4m; ext. D 0.3m). It is truncated by a NE-SW field bank at SE and is not visible SE of this feature.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 August 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.