Located towards the top of a NE-facing slope. It is represented as an arc of a bank E-SSW on the 1836 and 1908 editions of the OS 6-inch map. Only the SE quadrant survives as a D-shaped area (dims c. 25m E-W; c. 25m N-S) that slopes down to the N which is defined by an earthen bank (at S: Wth of base 6.2m; int. H 1.5m; ext. H 3.1m) and outer fosse (at S: Wth of top 5m; Wth of base 2.1m; ext. D 2.6m) E-SSW (Chord 34m). Just to the W is a derelict house and plot, the perimeter of which could incorporate some of the original bank but an E-W farm lane at N truncates the monument on this side and no archaeological feature is visible N of this.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 August 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.