Situated in a slight col with higher ground c. 120m to the N and at Cairnhill c. 180m to the S with lower ground c. 230m to the W and c. 250m to the E where there are N-S streams that coalesce c. 700m to the S. A large roofstone (dims 3.7m x 3.4m; T 0.8m) is supported by a S portal stone (dims 1.5m x 0.4m; H 1.6m), with what may be a collapsed door stone nearby as well as two smaller upright stones (Eogan 1958, 183-4). It located just on the W side of a NNW-SSE field bank. (ÓNualláin 1983, 99)
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 August 2018Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage