Situated on a knoll that is located towards the bottom of a NE-facing slope. It is represented as a large embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 65m) on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map and as a large subcircular enclosure (dims c. 60m x c. 55m) defined by a field bank on the 1908 edition. This is a large grass-covered area (diam. 56.5m E-W; 56m N-S) with some rock outcrop defined by a slight earthen bank (at NW: Wth of base 3.2m; int. H 0.5m; ext. H 1.2m) with some bushes and an external stone facing. There is no visible fosse but there is an entrance break in the bank (Wth of base 1.8m) at ESE. Although there is no evidence that it was planted with trees it could be a landscape feature.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 August 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.