Situated on a slight rise between N-S streams c. 200m to the W and c. 80m to the E that conjoin c. 330m to the SSE. It is depicted as a circular embanked feature on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘fort’. This is a circular area (diam. 37m E-W; 35m N-S) planted with trees, which is defined by an earthen bank (at N: Wth of base 4m; Wth of top 2.8m; int. H 1.3m; ext. H 1.3m) and external drain (ext. D 0.5m) NW-E. Elsewhere the perimeter is defined by a stone-faced scarp and a farm lane.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 August 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.