Located towards the bottom of the NW-facing spine of a NW-SE drumlin ridge. It is depicted only on the 1908 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in italic lettering as a ‘Stone Cross’. This is a penal style cross with a short cross-arm expanding in width from the crux (H 0.6m; Span 0.37m; T 0.12m).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 August 2018Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage