Located towards the top of an E-facing slope. It is depicted as a small rectangular field at the S angle of a larger rectangular field only on the 1908 edition of the OS 6-inch map. This is a rectangular grass-covered area (dims 26m NW-SE; 25m NE-SW) defined by wide, flat-bottomed fosses or moats (Wth of top 8.3-12.5m; int. D 0.8-1.2m; ext. D 1.2-1.8m). A NE-SW field bank runs through the SE moat and a NW-SE field bank runs through the SW moat. There is no identifiable original entrance.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 5 September 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.