Located on a rise in the floor of a small NW-SE valley. It is depicted as a circular feature on the 1836 and 1908 editions of the OS 6-inch map, and described as a ‘Fort’ in gothic lettering on the earlier edition. It was thought to be a natural rise with a field bank around the perimeter. It had been removed by 1995 (OSAP).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 August 2018Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage