Situated on top of a hillock. It is depicted as a D-shaped embanked enclosure (ext. dims c. 30m E-W; c. 20m N-S) truncated by an E-W field bank at S on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map, but only the NW quadrant is depicted on the 1908 edition. This is a D-shaped platform (dims c. 20m N-S; c. 15m E-W) defined by a scarp (H c. 1.5m) W-N but there is no visible fosse. It is truncated by a N-S field bank at E and an E-W field bank at S.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 3 September 2018Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage