Located towards the top of the SE-facing spine of a NW-SE drumlin ridge. A large embanked circular enclosure (ext. diam. c. 80m) is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’, and it is suggested by a curve in a field bank SE-W-NW on the 1908 edition. This is a circular grass-covered area (int. diam. 48m N-S) defined by a slight scarp at S and a fosse suggested by lush growth (Wth 5m) at N, and there is a slight curve in the field bank SSW-WNW. The outline is visible on the OSI aerial images (1995) (OSAP).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 5 September 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.