Situated on a rise at the W edge of a broad plateau. An oval or subrectangular embanked enclosure (ext. dims c. 40m E-W; c. 25m N-S) is depicted only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’, and it is depicted as a D-shaped hachured feature, the perimeter of which is truncated by an ENE-WSW field bank at N, and it is absent N-E on the 1908 ed. Traces of a circular grass-covered area (diam. 34.5m NW-SE) defined by a low scarp were visible in 1968.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 3 September 2018Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage