Located on a rise at the S end of a broad plateau. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 35m) is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’ and as a hachured feature on the 1908 edition, but its perimeter is absent S-W. It was removed c. 1964, but slight traces of a raised circular and grass-covered area (diam. c. 34m) were evident in 1968.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 3 September 2018Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage