Located towards the bottom of the spine of a NW-SE drumlin ridge at a point where there is a slight bend in a farm lane just to the SE. This location is not indicated as an antiquity on any edition of the OS 6-inch map, but it is represented as a fort on a manuscript map of 1805 in NLI (21 F14 (43)). No archaeological feature is visible at ground level in pasture.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 3 September 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.