Situated on a low NNW-SSE ridge. It is depicted as a D-shaped enclosure (dims c. 30m NW-SE; c. 20m NE-SW) backing onto a NE-SW building at SE on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’, and it is depicted as a tear-shaped enclosure on the 1908 edition. No archaeological feature is visible on any aerial images in pasture, apart from an oblong bank (L c. 15m NE-SW) at SE.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 3 September 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.