Situated on a broad hill. It is depicted as a small feature described as a ‘Mound’ in gothic lettering on the 1836 and 1908 editions of the OS 6-inch map. This is a circular grass-covered area (diam. 9m NNE-SSW) defined by an overgrown earthen bank (Wth of base 2.7-3m; int. H 0.4m; ext. H 0.5-0.8m). There is no identifiable entrance.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 3 September 2018Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage