Situated on a steep NE-facing slope overlooking the valley of the NW-SE Kilmainham stream, which is c. 330m distant. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 45-50m) is depicted only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’. There is no indication of an archaeological monument in pasture apart from a curve (Chord c. 35m) in a field bank at E.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 3 September 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.