Situated on top of a small hill. It is depicted as a D-shaped enclosure (dims c. 40m NW-SE: c. 30m NE-SW) with the straight side at SE on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’. This is a D-shaped grass-covered area (dims 36m NW-SE; 18m NE-SW at NW to 28m NE-SW at SE) that slopes down to the SE. It is defined by a scarp (Wth 3m; H 1m) with straight sides at SE and SW and the perimeter is incorporated in a curving field bank and hedge WSW-N-E.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 3 September 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.