Situated on a NE-facing slope, it is described as ‘Lisbane’ – the white fort - on the 1836 and 1908 editions of the OS 6-inch map. This is an oval grass-covered area (dims 98m E-W; 80m N-S) defined by an earthen bank (at N: Wth of base 2.1m; int. H 0.25m; ext. H 1.6m) and hedge, with an outer fosse or drain SE-WSW and WNW-N (at N: Wth of base 1.2m; ext. D 0.3m). There are gaps in the perimeter at SSE, SSW and WNW but the original entrance is likely to be that (Wth of base 3m) with a causeway (Wth of top 3.7m; H 0.6m) at NNW.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 4 September 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.