Located close to the N shore of Whitewood Lough, a subcircular lake (dims c. 580m N-S; c. 500m E-W). A small crannog was identified in 1955 when the level of the lake was lowered (NMI file). It consisted of a low mound (diam. 7m) composed largely of stones but had no other features. Its exact location is not known but it is probably still in the lake. (Eogan 1957, 54)
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 4 September 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.