Situated against the W road bank of the R162 Nobber to Kingscourt road. They are described as ‘Stone Crosses’ in italic script on the 1836 and 1908 editions of the OS 6-inch map. There are four crude disc-headed or penal-style crosses (H c. 0.3-0.4m; span c. 0.3-0.4m), roughly formed and with no inscriptions. They are probably eighteenth century in date, and it is thought locally that they mark the graves of croppies from 1798.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 4 September 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.