Situated on a rise on top of a NNE-SSW ridge. It is depicted as an embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 30m) on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’, and as an arc of a bank SW-N on the 1908 edition. This is a circular grass-covered area (diam. c. 38m N-S; c. 38m E-W) defined by a scarp (at NW: Wth 3m; H 0.85m). There is no visible bank, fosse or entrance.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 4 September 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.