Situated on an E-facing slope c. 30m S of a W-E stream. A stone-lined pit was discovered in digging a trench during 1957. Only about a quarter of the bowl remained, and it is described as a ‘stone structure roughly two feet wide at the base, four feet wide at the mouth, and five feet in depth (c. 0.6m; 1.2m; 1.5m) – a kind of round bowl constructed in glacial silt. No flue was found’ (Moore 1958).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 5 September 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.