Situated at the E end of a small E-W ridge on a general S-facing slope. A circular enclosure (diam. c. 40m) with some bushes is depicted on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’ and an arc of hachures SW-N is depicted on the 1908 edition. There are slight traces of a circular grass-covered area (diam. 27m) defined by a slight scarp, and the outline can be seen on OSI imagery (1995).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 5 September 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.