Situated at the crest of a S-facing slope in a col with slightly higher ground to the NW and E, and a NW-SE section of the River Dee is c. 300m to the SW. It is described as St Patrick's Stone on the 1836 and 1909 eds of the OS 6- map. This is a tapering cross base (dims of base 0.35m x 0.35m; dims of top 0.25m x 0.25m) with a socket (dims 15cm x 9cm; D 9cm) on top. Nearby are two damaged bullaun stones (ME005-068002-; ME005-068003-).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 15 April, 2015
Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage