Located on a shoulder on the S-facing slope of Mullacreevan Hill. It is described as a ‘Mound’ in gothic lettering on the 1836 and 1908 editions of the OS 6-inch map, and it is known locally as a ‘Fort’. This is a grass-covered earthen bank (Wth c. 5m; ext. H 1.7m) planted with trees curving SW-N around an old quarry.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 5 September 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.