Located on the S-facing slope of Mullacreven Hill. It is depicted as an arc of hachures truncated by an E-W field bank at S only on the 1908 edition of the OS 6-inch map. An arc of an earthen bank (Wth of base 6m; Wth of top 1.2m; int. H 1.9m; ext. H 1.45m) survives NW-NE (L c. 20m) but its E end is quarried. The interior slopes down steeply to the S where it is truncated by an E-W field bank. It was probably a rath.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 5 September 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.