Situated on the NE-facing spine of a SW-NE ridge or spur. It is depicted as a circular enclosure with trees on the perimeter on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described as a ‘Fort’ and as an oval feature on the 1908 edition. This is an oval grass-covered area (dims 39.5m NE-SW; 31m NW-SE) planted with mature deciduous trees defined by an earthen bank (at SSW: Wth of base 2.9m; int. H 0.6m; ext. H 1.5m) with an inner stone facing and an inner drain SW-NNE. This is probably a tree-ring.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 5 September 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.