Depicted as a rectangular building (dims c. 15m E-W; c. 5m N-S) and described in italic lettering as 'R. C. Chapel' on the 1836 ed. of the OS 6-inch map and described as 'R. C. Chapel (in Ruins)' on the OS 25-inch plan (surveyed 1908). It was one of two churches in the post-penal Catholic union of Nobber, and was described as a plain building (Lewis 1837, 1, 439). It is situated on a shelf on a NE-facing slope c. 5-10m S of a minor E-W road. The church (int. dims 13.4m E-W; 4.9m N-S) is reduced to the grass-covered foundations of walls (Wth 0.5m; H 0.2-0.5m) in a small plot with some mature coniferous trees.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of upload: 28 January, 2016Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.