Situated at the tip of a NW-SE spur. It is depicted as a rectangular enclosure described as ‘Lisnaclogh’ – Stone Lios - on the 1836 and 1908 editions of the OS 6-inch map. It was removed c. 1964 and is described locally as having deep ditches. The outline of a rectangular grass-covered area (dims 63m NE-SW; 56m NW-SE) defined by field banks at NW and SW and light (at SE: Wth 5.1m) and outer lush (at SE: Wth 2m) grass-growth on the line of the straight banks and outer fosses at NE and SE were visible in 1968.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 22 October 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.