Situated in a little W-E valley with a small canalised NW-SE stream turning E c. 40m to the S. This is a large granite stone (dims of base 0.9m x 0.9m) that widens (dims 1.6m NW-SE; 1.2m NE-SW) c. 1-2m over the ground before coming to a blunt point (H 2.6m). It is roughly oriented NW-SE. Archaeological testing (06E1072) by C. Cotter c. 15m to the SW at the closest point produced no related material (excavations.ie 2006:1550).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 22 October 2018
Amended: 25 February 2021Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.