Situated at the head of a small N-S valley or fold on a S-facing slope. It is described as ‘Lisnagunnell’ on the 1836 and 1908 editions of the OS 6-inch map. This is a circular grass-covered area (diam. 37m) defined by an earthen bank (Wth 4-9m; int. H 0.3-0.4m; ext. H 1.2-1.3m), which is incorporated into a field bank ESE-S. There are entrance gaps at W, NW, N, E and SSE but the original entrance is not identified.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 22 October 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.