Situated on a hillock on a S-facing slope. It is described as ‘Lisanail’ on the 1836 and 1908 editions of the OS 6-inch map. It was described in 1968 as a circular grass and scrub-covered area (diam. 31.4m NE-SW; 30.8m NW-SE) defined by an earthen bank (at SSE: Wth of base 4.2m; int. H 0.35m; ext. H 1.1m) with an external fosse (at SSE: Wth of base 2.6m; ext. D 0.6m) ENE-SW, but the bank is reduced to a low scarp elsewhere. It was bisected by a NE-SW field bank with a field bank extending NW from the centre and a relict field bank extended SE. The entrance (Wth of base 3.7m) and slight causeway (Wth of top 2.4m; H 0.3m) were at ESE. It had been removed by 1995 (OSAP).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 22 October 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.