Situated in a low-lying position between drumlins, with an E-W stream turning S just W of the monument. This is depicted as a hachured scarp SE-SW (C c. 45m) only on the 1908 edition of the OS 6-inch map. A low scarp (H 0.5m) survives SE-SW (Chord c. 45m) in pasture. There is no visible fosse or entrance. It was probably a rath, and rath (ME006-024----) is c. 100m to the ENE, on the other side of the stream.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Revised by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 26 October 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.