Located on a fairly low-lying landscape between drumlins. It is depicted as an embanked enclosure described as a ‘Fort’ on the 1836 edition and as a circular feature defined by a hachured bank on the 1908 edition of the OS 6-inch map. This was removed in 1967 but was still traceable as a circular area (diam. c. 40m N-S; c. 40m E-W, crest to crest) defined by the parch mark of an inner bank (Wth c. 3m), the lush growth of a fosse (Wth c. 5.5m) and the parch mark of an outer bank (Wth c. 4m).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Revised by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 26 October 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.