Situated in a small NE-SW valley, it is not depicted on any OS 6-inch map. This is a slightly raised and circular grass-covered area (diam. 31m WNW-ESE; 29m NNE-SSW) defined by a scarp (H 0.6-0.9m) and traces of a fosse (at E: Wth of base 2m; D 0.2m). A slight fold in the lip of the scarp (Wth of base 3m) at SE may be the original entrance. It is described as a possible crannog (Eogan 1957, 51-2).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Revised by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 26 October 2018
This monument is subject to a preservation order made under the National Monuments Acts 1930 to 2014 (PO no. 20/1956).Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage