Situated towards the top of the SE-facing slope of a small hillock. A beehive chamber, discovered in ploughing during April 1957, was reported to the National Museum of Ireland and recorded by Brendáin Ó Ríordáin (NMI file). It consists of a circular beehive chamber (diam. 2.6m N-S; 2.4m E-W; H c. 1.6m) with a lintelled passage (Wth 0.65m; H 0.7m) leading off to the NW (L 2.9m plus). The souterrain was in a precarious state and was closed, but there was no evidence of any accompanying surface features.The following description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Revised by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 26 October 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.