Situated on a rise in an undulating landscape, it is inside the inner bank of rath (ME008-006----), which is described as ‘Cave Fort’ in gothic lettering on the 1836 and 1908 6-inch OS maps, at W. This is a grass-covered depression (dims 11.2m N-S; 2.5-3.5m E-W; D 0.35m) with an arm running E (L 11.2m; Wth of top 2.8m; D 0.5m) from its S end which terminates in a circular depression (diam. 4.6m).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Revised by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 26 October 2018 Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.