Located on a rise towards the S end of a small N-S ridge. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 40-45m) with a wide bank is depicted only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’. The location is now divided by a NNE-SSW field bank but traces of a grass-covered enclosure could still be extant.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 October 2018Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage