Situated on a rise in a relatively low-lying area. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 50m) is depicted only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’. There is no visible evidence of any monument but it was probably a rath.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 October 2018Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage