Located on a rise in an undulating landscape. A D-shaped embanked enclosure (ext. dims c. 30m NW-SE; c. 20m NE-SW) with the straight side against a NW-SE field bank at SW is depicted only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’. A modern cairn is partly covering a grass-covered cairn.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 October 2018Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage