Situated on a hill. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 30m) is depicted only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’. This is a circular grass-covered area (diam. 40m E-W; 37m N-S0 defined by a scarp (at: SE: Wth 2.5m; H 0.6m). An original entrance is not identified
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 October 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.