Located on a rise in a low-lying landscape. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 25-30m) is depicted only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’. This is a slightly raised circular and grass-covered area (diam. c. 33.5m E-W; 31m N-S) defined by a scarp (at S: Wth 2.2m; H 0.9m). There is no visible fosse or identifiable original entrance.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 October 2018
Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.