Located on an E-facing slope in an undulating landscape. A circular enclosure (ext. diam. c. 30m) is depicted only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’. It was described in 1969 as a circular grass-covered area (diam. c. 27m NE-SW) defined by a scarp (Wth 3.7m; H 1m). There was no visible fosse or entrance. Visible evidence of it was removed by 1995 (OSAP).
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 October 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.