Situated on a rise in an undulating landscape. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 30-35m) is depicted only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’. A small fragment of a bank was extant in 1969 (SMR file), but the monument was truncated by a NW-SE field bank at SW and a NE-SW field bank at S.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 October 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.