Situated on the E tip of a low W-E spur. It is depicted as a circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 35-40m) on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’. This is a circular grass-covered area (diam. 26m NW-SE; 26m NE-SW) defined by a scarp (Wth 1m; H 0.3-0.5m), that is partly stone-faced E-ESE. It is bisected by a NE-SW field wall and is best preserved SE of this. There is no visible fosse or entrance.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 October 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.