Located on a slight rise towards the bottom of a N-facing slope with the headwaters of a small N-S stream c. 80m to the W. A circular embanked enclosure (ext. diam. c. 35m) is depicted only on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map where it is described in gothic lettering as a ‘Fort’. This is a grass-covered circular area (diam. c. 36m N-S; 33m E-W) defined by a slight scarp (Wth 3.5m; H 0.7m). It has no visible fosse or recognizable entrance but it is bisected by a WNW-ESE field wall.
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 October 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.