Situated on a rise in an undulating landscape, and it is open on the scarp of rath (ME009-038001-) at NNE. The modern opening enters a collapsed circular chamber (diam. 1.7m; max. H 1m) with corbelling walls closed by a single slab. A passage (Wth 0.7m) extends SW (L 1.2m) before it is blocked by collapse. A narrow entrance (Wth 0.7m) at N leads from the chamber to another passage (L 3.8m; Wth 1.6m; max. H 1.4m), roofed with four lintels. This passage extends NW before turning W (Wth 1.1m; L 1.7m) to what was probably the original entrance. (Rotheram 1893, 309)
The above description is derived from the published 'Archaeological Inventory of County Meath' (Dublin: Stationery Office, 1987). In certain instances the entries have been revised and updated in the light of recent research.
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revision: 31 October 2018Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.